Repertoire of the Competition
1st Round 25 minutes
Candidates may choose their programme freely with a minimum of 3 different composers and must include:
- Four Virtuoso Etudes selected from a minimum of two composers: F. Chopin, F. Liszt, S. Rachmaninoff, A. Scriabin or C. Debussy
- One or more compositions by F. Chopin, F. Liszt. J. Brahms. R. Schumann, F. Mendelssohn Bartholdy, C. Frank, A. Scriabrin or S. Rachmaninoff – which cannot be an Etude.
Final Round 40 minutes
Candidates may choose their programme freely with a minimum of 3 different composers, and must include:
- 3 pieces from Childhood Memories Suite by Alexey Shor
- A complete sonata by F. Schubert, J. Haydn, W.A. Mozart or L.v. Beethoven
- One composition by B. Bartok, I. Stravinsky, S. Prokofiev, N. Medtner or G. Ligeti
Compositions performed in the 1st Round cannot be played in the Final Round
All programmes must be performed from memory and no transcriptions are allowed.